Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pensive Evening

Day 491 Another day in the trenches, another day that gets me closer to the end of this ordeal. I cannot wait for it to be over. Meanwhile I am trying to get some balance. I met a friend of mine for tea on the beach and we talked there for almost 5 hours; she is struggling right now the way I did few years ago and I wish for them to be able to overcome it; to find again the path to each other’s heart, to find a way to stay together, build new meanings, keep it all together. It makes me sad sometimes to think of all that was lost because of this divorce, especially home and family; and even if both of us will have new partners and rebuild our livesat some point, we cannot recover these things, they are lost forever. What a sad thought! 
 
I am thankful that my hesitation period is long behind me. I am thankful for peace of mind for the courage to ask questions and find answers. I am thankful for the present my friend gave me – to be on the advisor side of the equation; to be able to look at the whole thing from a different perspective. I am thankful for a very pensive night, even though it maked me sad. 

No comments: