Friday, May 11, 2012

Dancing the Night Away

Day 479 – I went with two of my friends to a dance tonight and it was so much fun!! We always have a good time there but tonight was even better, and funnier. One of my friends lives in the area for many years so she knew a lot of people in the dance. Originally she didn’t want to come since she was in a very bad mood after a lousy date, but I convinced her in multiple calls, including two already from the dance to join us and she finally she did. She was talking to one guy and introduced us and the three of us danced together for a while, loosely together. After a few minutes I went outside, to the other room to grab something to drink and on my way someone started to talk to me. Few minutes later he came and asked me to dance with him; I don’t know why but I agreed and it was really bad. He smelled bad and was a very simple guy and he wanted to continue dancing. I didn’t know what to do so I said I have to grab something to drink and went out passing one my way out guy number one, the one my friend introduced to me earlier, and told him he has to help me and dance with me. And so he did. And I found out he is a very interesting guy and we danced the rest of the evening together and it was so nice. I had a really good time and I met a very nice guy, and even with all the noise around we managed to carry an intelligent conversation so all good things. Both of my friends also found dancing partners so we all had a good evening. I came back home at 3 am!! It’s really interesting, on our way to the dance we were talking and I told my friend that one of the things I realize, as I continue talking to guys considering if they are a potential partner, is that I am kind of a snob. If I hear a guy has no education it’s a turn off for me. I need someone that can challenge me intellectually. I like to talk about things that are not news material and for that I need someone more sophisticated. So in the past there were few discoveries about myself I didn’t like, when I found I am a snob in certain things, but here I am OK with it. Because it is not really the education I am looking for but the ability to carry a very intelligent conversation about more than daily life; and I am OK with that. Otherwise I will get bored very fast. This evening events came to prove that.
 
I am thankful I have good friends I can go out and have fun with. I am thankful I managed to convince my friend to join us even though she was in a very bad mood; she had a great time and it is so much better than sitting home and be upset. I am thankful we all help each other in hard times. I am thankful to that guy that came to the rescue when I needed help and turned out to be a very nice dancing partner for the rest of the evening. I am thankful for a great evening.   
  

No comments: