Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Sunny Day on the Beach

Day 473 It is Saturday but I didn’t go for a hike since my knee is hurting too much in the past few days. Instead I went to the beach and stayed there for a few hours reading my book and enjoying a very beautiful day and a very calm sea. It’s not warm enough to go into the water, at least not for me, but it sure was a great day to be on the beach and enjoy the scenery. I think next time I’ll take my canvas and paints with me and also paint it. I am thinking about it for quite some time now and probably I’ll do it one afternoon in the middle of the week when there are not too many people so it won’t draw too much attention. I love the beaches here especially in the afternoon when the light is softer and warmer. It is also so much fun to see how many people are on the beach and all the little kids running around; so much fun to be there even just to do some people watching. So I enjoyed a very relaxing day on the beach with a good book; not as exciting and vigorous as a hike but still I got to enjoy the outdoors and my knee sure needed some rest.
 
I am thankful I live so close to the beach that I can go there whenever I feel like. I am thankful for a wonderful day on the beach. I am thankful again to my friend for hosting me tonight. I am thankful for a very special house I got to see with my daughter today.

No comments: