Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am Considering the Road Less Traveled

Day 476 I drove today out of the city to one of those places I am considering as my future hometown. At the beginning I was thinking north of the city, but realized that the traffic is horrific in that direction. I was stuck several times for half an hour and more and I heard from a friend that this is the reality both ways morning and eve. And to the south the roads are open and it is also few minutes the train route so I can even use public transportation if I want, another advantage. The disadvantage is that the prices are higher as we go south for rental and for buying; definitely something I have to take into consideration. But I decided to do some scouting and I drove there today; it takes half an hour door-to-door the same time that it takes me to get to my house in the city itself because of traffic, Even though I drove 22 more kilometers!! I didn’t go to see houses yet, I just wanted to feel the place in the evening when all the tourists are gone. I set in a coffee house and did some work and looked around and later I walked the main street of the old section of town, the most sought after area. And I liked it all. Now I just have to see if I can find anything in my price range that I also like. The supply is very low, especially for the smaller homes, and this is what I am looking for. I don’t want a big home, I don’t need that. I am working with two realtors and hopefully in the next few weeks I will find a nice home. But regardless, I enjoyed this very different afternoon.
 
I am thankful for this opportunity for a pleasant afternoon in this very quaint town; I hope one day I will be able to call it home. I am thankful for opportunities to do things differently; it is not a given and I am very thankful for that. I am thankful to so many opportunities open to me if I only dare to look in hidden places. I am thankful to my friends who are helping and encouraging me to make this bold move.  

No comments: