Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bar Mitzvah Party

Day 494 – Early this morning, after less than two hours of sleep, I drove to the Kibbutz where my daughter stayed during her military service. A family adopted her there and they were absolutely amazing to her and she loves them very much. They were also so kind to include me in this close circle of family and friends and I love them very much; they are such a warm and loving family. This morning was the Bar Mitzvah of their son and I that was the reason of the early drive. It was a wonderful day; first in the synagogue and later we did a hike in the nicest national park in the north of our country and we finished the day in a restaurant. It was really a wonderful event; my first Bar Mitzvah since I moved here and a very different one, very much like my own style of very intimate and no show-off event. This is one of the things I like about this family; they are very warm and welcoming and no show-off at all, very down to earth people. This is a breath of fresh air compared to the place I came from two years ago were show-off is the name of the game. I am so happy to be in a place and among people that are deeply rooted into the soil of this land, into the fabric of life here.
 
I am thankful to be included in this family’s circle of family and close friends. I am thankful to be among people who are the grassroots of this country and I am even more thankful to see my daughter's and my own roots getting longer and to realize we are a little more part of the landscape here with every passing day. I am thankful I managed to find the stamina and drive on empty, basically, but made it to the ceremony and the after party. I am thankful I can go to sleep now; I don't remember being so tired in a very long time. 

No comments: