Saturday, May 19, 2012

In an Attempt to Achieve Balance

Day 487 – I went to sleep very late yesterday and so today was declared a slow day. I woke up late and did some work. I read, listened to music and just had a good time. I even cooked dinner, which sadly I didn’t do for quite some time now.  True, I also logged a few hours of work but less than I expected and I was very happy when I finished since now at least I know exactly what awaits me in the coming few weeks. I put everything into an Excel spreadsheet and I can sort it by days, so every day I know what I have to do and I will not forget things. I figured with this amount of work it is the best way to manage the work flow. So I worked on the weekend, which I am not happy with and see it as a necessary evil but my week will be so much more organized and efficient.
  
I am thankful I finished my work load for today and I even found time to have an enjoyable day. I am thankful I got to spend time with my daughter and do some serious grown-ups stuff. I am thankful it is so seldom I have to give up a weekend to deal with work issues. I am thankful for a great weekend despite all the work; that even with all that pressure I could still find some balance between work and pleasure. 

No comments: