Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

Day 527it was a very busy month and my art teacher was away so for the past month I didn’t touch a brush. I had a painting I started in the last class but didn’t finish it and for a whole month it was looking at me 9or rather I was looking at it) thinking how to go about this unfinished painting that I could also see a huge error I was not sure I could fix. So finally today came the big moment, my teacher was back. He did have a sub for the period he was away, but I tried it last time and it didn’t work for me so today was very special. We all came back, and the class was wonderful. And it seems we might be able to convince our teacher to keep the class going through the summer and not take a summer break. i decided I want to draw a naked woman picture and going through pictures on the internet I came across a Picasso painting from his blue period that I really love so I decided to draw it. Last time I did the blue background and the outline of the woman. Today I didn’t even bring a photo of this picture since I wanted to take it to where ever I want. I wanted it to have something of me also, to put in some personal flavor and not only to be a copy. So of course, there is no doubt it is a copy of the Picasso picture, but a free style copy and I am very happy with the outcome and already hung it on my wall.
  
I am thankful for a great day where I got to spend time with my daughter before she left for a weekend with her friends. I am thankful for my creative writing class that ended today and will resume after the summer break. I am thankful most of all for a great drawing class; for being again with the most wonderful experience of all. I am thankful for the joy I draw from this creative process, for friendships forged during the time we spend together. I am thankful to be back with a brush in my hand and a song in my heart and on my lips; I am so very thankful for this class!!

No comments: