Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We Are Done With Our Summit

Day 504after months of hard work we are done. We had a wonderful gala yesterday night and a series of events today and by 3pm we were done. All our guests left for their homes or hotels and we had a moment to catch our breath. But for me it was really only a short moment and then I drove home, took a very quick shower and by 5:15 was at the hotel to join our guests for an evening tour. We drove to Tel Aviv, our largest city, went to a very good restaurant, took a night drive and then a night walk through the streets of the city and by the time I got back home it was past 1am. It was a very long day indeed but very interesting and satisfying. It feels so good to be at the end of our Summit and to finally be able to breath a little easier without the crazy stress and the extra-long hours. I have to be on the tour for the next two days, but it’s a much lower stress, and I get to practice being a tour director, something I really love; I hope I can still say that by the end of this tour. The picture here is from our night tour of Tel Aviv. It shows the history of that quaint neighborhood and I really liked it. 
  
I am thankful out summit is over and how successful it was. I am thankful I get to travel with our guests and get to know them; I think it is very important for us and our relationship with them in the future. I am thankful I can go to sleep now; it’s 2:44am and I have to wake-up in less than 4 hours; what a painful thought!

No comments: