Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Final Project

Day 511 I am going to finish my class in a month and my project is due no later than a month after that, so it is time to start working on it again. it has to be very detailed and with extensive research. It also has to cover a two weeks trip. I gave myself few days to rest after the crazy work I had in the past months but today also marks the turning point and from now on I will start working on my project. I will start collecting information about specific subjects and will try to do a subject per week, I think this will be both not too much and yet sufficient to get to the dead line without a terrible rush. I am starting with art and will take it from there. Again and again from every aspect I read I come back to the Khmer Rouge era and the atrocities they have done to their people. I am sure that the arts will reflect it as well. it is a terrible story to tell but there is also a story of rising from the ashes and the attempts to rebuild the country and I will cover both. But today I just took the first step in this final project for my class. I can’t believe it is almost over!
 
I am thankful for the few days of recovery I did before jumping into the next time consuming activity. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn something new about a beautiful country and people that I want to visit later on. I am thankful for finding something so challenging and interesting as this wonderful course I am taking, for friends and for knowledge I gained in the past 8 months.

No comments: