Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Special Birthday

Day 522I decorated the house and cleaned it and I even went shopping for some food and my daughter was still asleep. By 1:30pm I decided to wake her up before the whole day will be gone. Later we went out with my ex and two of his friends to celebrate her birthday again, and it was really nice and a lot of fun. It is really far away from where he lives right now and he is really making an effort to be here for the important things in her life and it makes me very happy.  I wish I could do the same for my son and my older daughter, but I don’t have the same flexibility at work and I travel on my own dime and not on companies budget, so I can’t do it as often, so he is definitely doing a better job right now in being in everyone’s life. I am very happy for him and for my daughter, less happy for me for not being able to do the same. But I will try to do a better job, and as I said few days ago, I am planning to travel for a visit next month; I can’t wait to see them as well as their partners and children, it’s been way too long. But most of all today is about my daughter’s 20th birthday – Happy birthday, my love. This is such a special Birthday.  
  
I am thankful for another birthday we celebrated together, and a very special one indeed. I am thankful we got to celebrate it the three of us together; it’s so nice we can do it even though we are not together anymore. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend I got to spend with my daughter.

No comments: