Friday, June 15, 2012

A Night At The Hospital

Day 514 - my daughter had very high fever and was in a lot of pain so instead of going to the dance like I planned or spending time with friends like she planned to do we went to the ER and we are still here 9 hours later. They are going to keep her here overnight for observations. So not exactly our idea of a Friday night fun but I am happy she is here or I'll be worried sick is it an appendix about to burst. And right now she is asleep and her fever went down so I hope it will stay this way and she'll be released in the morning.


I am thankful we have good medicine on our side and we can be safe at the hands of the wonderful men and women working here. I am thankful she is feeling a little better. I am thankful that in our country all people rich and poor are covered by healthcare insurance; I don't even want to think of what it is like to live without that; this is one of the reasons I didn't stay over there, I knew I couldn't afford it.

No comments: