Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Day of Celebrations

Day 513One of my colleagues celebrated her 40th birthday today, so we all took her to lunch in a local restaurant and it was a lot of fun. We decided we have to do it more often. In the afternoon, before leaving work we all went to visit another one of our colleagues who gave birth this morning to a beautiful baby boy. And when I arrived at my creative writing class I found out it is the 80th birthday of one of our group members. So in one day in a matter of few hours I celebrated the birth of a baby, the 40th and the 80th birthdays – what a special day! The funny thing is that the newly 40 years old told me yesterday that she doesn’t know anyone who has the same birthday. I guess that’s just not true anymore. The cool thing about living in our generation is that you can be 80 years old and still be very active, be able to do so many things, and have plans for many years to come. I wish for myself to arrive to this age in the same wonderful shape as my friend; to be full of life and optimistic; to celebrate life to the fullest.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful day with plenty of laughter and joy. I am thankful for all the celebrations we had today. I am thankful for friendships I forge here, for people I meet, life I touch. I am thankful for such a special day.

No comments: