Monday, June 18, 2012

An Early Celebration

Day 517 I was planning to give my daughter for her 20th birthday next week a pampering day – massage and facial and few more things but after our weekend ordeal I decided not to wait and do it today. So we both went to a salt-room and spend an hour there and then got the massage and the facial and it was so wonderful, exactly the antidote to such stressful time. a total relaxation and a real feeling of pampering. We concluded the evening with a good restaurant where we set for over two hours and just talked and had a great time. It is hard for me to grasp the fact that she is twenty, but on the other hand I see her mature before my very eyes and it is wonderful. Twenty is such an important birthday it is the time you officially make the shift from adolescence to adulthood, to the decade in which the biggest decisions are being made – job, spouse, children (hopefully in this order). So we celebrated all that today and had a wonderful time. Living here I miss all the important dates in the lives of my older kids and I have to learn to accept that as well. The good and the bad – it’s always a mixed bag.
 
I am thankful I got to celebrate the birthday of my youngest daughter a week ahead of time, just the two of us. I am thankful I got this special day all planned out; it could not come in a better time. I am thankful for an amazing conversation, for things that opened my eyes to look at my history in a very different way, not only her future. I am thankful for all my friends who called all weekend and in the past few days to check on my daughter; it makes me feel so good to know I have friends who really care and are here to help if I need I had none of them two years ago when we moved here. And most of all I am thankful for an amazing daughter; I am the luckiest mother on earth for having her.

No comments: