Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Singles Game

Day 509 I was planning to go out with one of my friends to a movie tonight for her birthday but she had to do few things before going home and by the time she finally made it home she was too tired to go out. I told her it’s her birthday so if she doesn’t feel like going out – it’s absolutely OK. Instead we spent like two hours on the phone! And we both realized that at the beginning, being new at the singles game, it was difficult to be home alone; but now, two years later we both actually learned to like the freedom that comes with it. It is nice to be able to do whatever I want with no one to express an opinion; to leave as much mess as I want or cook or not cook as I please. it’s very easy to get used to that, to the point that it will be difficult to give it up and I am not sure I want to. True I miss sometimes having someone to cuddle with or have some tender moments; but at this stage of the game I really like the way my life is going right now. And I think that time will make it even harder to give it up. I spend today over two hours on the phone and in the same time played some mindless game on my computer and I don’t have to explain, or apologize! It is also nice to go on dates and meet new guys every once in a while. To give all that up I will have to find someone who is absolutely amazing. I am so happy I didn’t find him yet…
 
I am thankful for the freedom I have, for the opportunity to live my life the way I want with no explanations and no apologies. I am thankful for the things I learn everyday about myself, and my preferences. I am thankful for friends who are there when I want to spend time with a friend and are not pressing on me when I want to be alone. I am thankful for such a nice and very candid talk.  

No comments: