Monday, June 25, 2012

The Promise

Day 524We have one month left until we graduate from the Tour Directors Course and so the prospects of starting to look for a job are becoming more real with every passing day. Today we had a four hours presentation about France from an amazing 93 years old man who holds the highest possible French certificate as a Tour Guide and it was very interesting indeed. I learned a lot of things I didn’t know and I want to travel now to all these places he talked about. I gave him a ride to the bus station and mentioned I have a license as an American tour director and I should probably start looking for a job with one of the companies, not a full time job of course, just as a supplement and some fun. When I came home and opened my mail I found a mail that a company in the States is looking for a tour director here in Israel with extensive knowledge of the country. I immediately mailed them back and I hope something will come out of it – it can be so cool!! and regardless of the outcome, I have to start sending letters to all the companies I know to look for a job as a TD for a trip here or to Europe. It’s easy for me and it’s something I really want to start building. And when I updated my resume I realized that so much of what I did in the past two years is actually a hospitality industry job and it really qualifies me as an experienced TD. I feel comfortable in stressful situations and I can handle hundreds of little details without dropping the balls; I actually strive in these situations.
 
I am thankful for a very interesting class today about France. I am thankful for that email I found in my mail box just as I declared I am ready to make my move. I am thankful for my job; it is so much fun and so varied and all the things I did in the past few months really give me the experience I needed. I am thankful for opportunities opened for me if I only dare to dream big. I am thankful for the promise waiting for me just behind the river bend.

No comments: