Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hiking With My Hiking Group Again

Day 529after a long absence I joined my hiking group again today for a hike into a cave we did last year. This is a very technical climb and very challenging because of the slippery ground and the very tight and difficult maneuver in the cave. Thanks to the fact we did this trip last year, we knew we should take a rope with us which made some of the more difficult spots a little more manageable and less dangerous, but it is still a very challenging climb and not for everyone. After 3 hours in the cave we climbed out into a very hot day so we continued our day in a 3 hours rafting trip on one of the rivers not far from there. It’s my first rafting here in my country and I was pleasantly surprised. And we had so much fun; take a group of adults, put them in a raft in the middle of a river and see how they all become children again and having so much fun doing it. So I am writing now and my arms and shoulders muscles are sore but it was so much fun. I didn’t hike with my group in the past two months, like so many other things I didn’t do, and it is so good to be back and fully enjoy life again; having other things in my life and not only work.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day in nature, hiking with my friends. I am thankful for my first rafting trip here in my country. I am thankful for new friends I met today. I am thankful for a day that continued with a guided tour in Tel Aviv following the footsteps of some famous female poets for my friend’s 50th birthday. I am thankful for a family meeting after a long time I didn’t see any of them. I am thankful for a wonderful day.           

No comments: