Sunday, June 24, 2012

Going to the Theater

Day 523I went to see a show tonight at the local theater. I had tickets for a different show last week but had to cancel because we were at the ER the whole weekend and so I was very happy when we were offered tickets at work for another show this afternoon. I ordered two tickets but none of my friends was available on such a short notice so I went alone. I have to admit the show was not something to write home about, or blog about, but the experience was great. I enjoyed going to the theater, I sure don’t do it enough; this is only the 4th show I attended since moving here. I love theater and it’s a very special experience that I really enjoyed and I will keep going to as many shows as I can. It’s not that the acting was bad it’s just a weird story, so some people will like it and some don’t; but if I don’t go I can’t find good shows as well.
And one more time - Happy birthday to my daughter!!  
 
I am thankful for a ticket I got for free to see a show. I am thankful I went on such a short notice (4 hours!). I am thankful I have so many friends I can call and see if they can join me for a show, even if no one could. I am thankful for an evening of culture and fun. 

No comments: