Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Calm

Day 508– I decided to take a walk on the boardwalk by the sea this morning. I didn’t do it in such a long time and it was so wonderful. The water is perfect and the weather is perfect but my sunburns are not completely healed yet and so the only way to enjoy the sea right now is walking early in the morning and then sitting under the umbrella and this is exactly what I did. I walked for almost an hour and I stay for another 4 hours in the shade reading a very interesting book. I hope in a few days I’ll be able to get a little sun again, but this time I’ll be covered with generous quantities of sun screen. I learned my lesson; it is by far the worst sunburn I ever got and I am not ready to do it again anytime soon. The rest of the day was very slow as well. I did as little as possible which was exactly what I needed after the past few weeks. And now my batteries are charged and I am ready to face the world again; ready to get back to work and catch up on my regular assignments, something I totally neglected in the past few weeks, we all did.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful day on the beach, even if I had to stay away from the sun. I am thankful for a wonderful book I finally have time to continue reading. I am thankful for a wonderfully relaxed weekend. I am thankful that the crazy schedule is over and I can get back to my wonderful routine. I am so thankful to get my life back, just as I like it, and by now I appreciate it so much more.  

No comments: