Friday, June 22, 2012

A Private Party

Day 521I was very tired for some reason, so at 9pm when my daughter went out with her friends I decided to take a little nap before deciding what am I going to do in the evening. I slept through the alarm I set and woke up 9 hours later! Well, I guess I was really tired. So no need to decide what to do in the evening – it’s long gone. What I still have in front of me is to decorate the house for my daughter’s birthday. So maybe it’s good I slept before. Now she is asleep and I am wide awake.
Earlier today we went to a restaurant she likes to celebrate her birthday. The real date is Sunday but she’ll be back in the army and today her father comes to visit so we decided to have a little party of our own, just the two of us. Now after we did that all the other parties can start. We already did our little private event. For years her birthday was an event celebrated over several days. The reason was that school ended before so we did an early celebration in class about two weeks ahead of time and then the parties went on with each one of the family members as they become available, since, for some reason they could never make it all for the real date. The core was always my daughter and I we were in all the events and we’ve always been there on the real date. And so our own little thing is the real tradition and the one we are most careful to keep, especially with such a significant birthday such as the one we are celebrating now, her 20th.
  
I am thankful I am here every day and can be in all the important events in her life. I am thankful we are such good friends after two years we are here, much more than we ever were and in a very different way. I am thankful we had our little party just the two of us and especially on a difficult time like now. I am thankful I was had such a long ‘nap’; I sure feel less tired now. I am thankful that I can decorate the house while my daughter is a sleep; it’s a special birthday and I want to make her feel that.  

No comments: