Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A night at the hospital

Day 1104 - I came to the hospital today and spent the day with my father. When I was young he held my little hand in his big and strong palm and made me feel safe, now the roles are changing and I am the strong one taking care of him. I know he will get better, but he is now weak and frail and at the moment very helpless and it is our role to take care of him. So I am here tonight at his bedside, getting ready for an uncomfortable sleep on a couch, but so willing to do that. My mom stayed with him the fist two nights and we, their children, are now taking turns to be here so she can rest as well. I am sitting here looking at this beloved man who was so good to me and I am thankful I can be here tonight. I can never pay back for all they did for me, it is the kind of thing you pay forward, but being here tonight is a little something I can do for both of them and I am so happy for that. I wish him a fast recovery, so far it looks pretty promising, and many more years with us here on this beautiful planet of ours.

I am thankful I can be here tonight and take care of my dad. I am thankful I live here in thins country again so I can do that. I am thankful for all my parents ever did for me, I wouldn't be the woman I am without their love and care.
 

No comments: