Thursday, January 30, 2014

Back home

Day 1106 - I am back home after three days away. And today is a week since my father's injury. I have to admit that when I saw him last Saturday I did not believe he'll leave the hospital in such good condition and that he'll start walking by then. I was afraid that he won't be able to survive it for very long. I am so very happy. I hope he still has many years here with us. I am also in awe of my mom. She is almost as old and has great difficulty walking and here she was strong and ready to do what ever is needed. I feel prevedged to be their daughter, to witness what they do on a daily basis.
 
I am thankful my dad is doing so much better and that he started rehab today. I am thankful for all the lessons of this past week. I am thankful to my partner for taking care if everything while i was away. I am thankful to be back home.

No comments: