Thursday, January 16, 2014

An apology

Day 1092 - last week we wrote an email to our networking group mailing list, over 300 people. We wanted to tell them about our store. But our website is not up yet so the company that is building it for us was in charge of sending out the newsletter. We were very excited about that. A great exposure to a very defined mailing list. But alas, we make plans and He laughs. The mail went out with out our letter, just our brochure, and even that did not go out well and was missing our address. In short, it looked like spam. We were very upset and had some very assertive talk with the ceo of the company and the agreement was that she will take care of our account now and that they will send an apology to the whole group. It took two days but today it finally went out and now we feel OK. We did all we can to correct the mistake and from here on we will let the universe take care of the ramifications. I feel good about that email and hope the damage will be minimal. We work so hard to get these lists, to make people hear about us and come to the store and I don't want sloppy work take it the other way around. I can only hope this will be a blessing in disguise.
 
I am thankful the apology letter is out. I am thankful we caught it and had the right idea of how to try and minimize the damage. I am thankful for yet another long and wonderful day. I am thankful it comes to its end and I can go to sleep now.
 

No comments: