Saturday, January 25, 2014

A visit to the hospital

Day 1101 - we went to visit my father today at the hospital and it was so difficult. his condition changed overnight from "my father is getting older" to "my father is a very old man". He was there lying in bed so weak and frail not very coherent not always sure where he is or what's going on around him. I have to admit, it's heart braking. And it sounds like I got the better part of the day. In the morning he was totally out, totally delusional and not coherent. They took him for dialysis and it all changed. He did come out of that, he recognized everyone around him, but the trauma is still too sever for him to come back fully. I hope it will happened and soon. It's so sad to see that, to know who he was only few days ago and I can only hope for the better. But putting it perspective he had a major surgery only 24 hours ago so he has the right to be weak and feel bad and be in and out of capacity.
I was there at the hospital knowing full well that his time is running out, that both of them have so little left here and I should cherish every day I still can. No excuses for not going to visit, not letting my life getting in the way. I sure hope it's not too late...

I am thankful my father did get better after a very bad start to the day. I am thankful my daughter came with me to see him, as difficult as it was for her. I am praying for my father's recovery both physically and mentally. Amen.

No comments: