Friday, January 24, 2014

My dad's accident

Day 1100 - it is my father. He tripped yesterday at home and had a very bad fall, broke his thigh bone and was rushed to the hospital with excruciating pain. Today he had a surgery to fix it and now starts the long way back to recovery. All day long my siblings and I exchanged phone calls about news from the hospital as well as plans for the next few day. My mom is there at the hospital with him and we will take turns coming to visit and help. I am very concerned since I know what can happen at this age but I hope my dad is strong enough physically and mentally to recover and that my mom will not give in under the pressure and the physically challenging weeks ahead. In one unfortunate moment all of our plans changed and the only thing that matters is my dad's recovery. It sure puts life in the right prospective. So my plans for the weekend were scratched as well and I will head south for an afternoon visit. I am sending tonight as well all the healing energies toward my dad for a fast and complete recovery.
 
I am thankful we are a strong and loving family and we all come together to help at times of need. I am thankful I am here in this country and not far away as it was with previous crises. I am thankful to my mom, my siblings and my daughter for the wonderful network we have here.

No comments: