Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A beautiful Poem

Day 930 - i found a very beautiful poem today by one of my favorite poets and I shared it on Facebook. I didn't read poetry in a very long time and it made me very happy. I think poetry is the kind of activity you can love or hate but not stay impartial to it. When I was younger I used to spend hours reading poetry and then I forgot all about it and got busy with life and materialistic world. The soft side of me was pushed to the corner for so many years; every once in a while i'd remember, read a few poetry books and get back with my life and the daily business of running a house and a family. I still managed to pick up few poets from that country, totally unknown to me and expanded my literary horizons. And now that I am here you'd think I'll have time to do all that but no, I don't. I am running in circles trying to catch up and being frustrated by how much I am neglecting myself etc. But today was different, I saw that poem and it drew me in, I read more and more, I thought about them and I just had a great time. Not a big story today, but this is the beauty of this blog; you just can't do it the "wrong way" and if reading few poems is what made my heart singing today than I am thankful for that.

I am thankful I found this beautiful poem today. I am thankful for ray of light shining on my day. I am thankful for words of encouragement that show me I was not the only one missing some beauty in my life this morning. I am thankful that at 12:30 am I can go to sleep. Good night!!

No comments: