Friday, August 30, 2013

A very special Friday

Day 953 - Friday, as you know is my errands' day; but not today. I am doing some research for a future project and instead of spending my day shopping and cleaning I took few hours to work on my computer. I don't have time to do it during the week. When I only arrive home at 10 pm it's too late to do anything. I think I have to change my schedule; wake up at 6 am again meditate for 15 minutes and longer later, when I'll get into the groove again, and after that take the train to work. But it is imperative to wake up earlier (and go to sleep accordingly) in order to get more out of my day, not only work. More of a problem is that on Friday most offices are close. It is like Saturday elsewhere - a good day for shopping but not for any other kind of errands. Still, I got ahead and sent messages to the places that were closed for hopefully a Sunday answer. And only then I went shopping, in the one of the only ones open Friday afternoon. A little far away, but it was well worth it. Coming back I was tired and went for a little nap; it is Friday after all. But it turns out I was more than "a little" tired as I found out when I woke up at 2 am. A quick evaluation brought me to the surprising conclusion that it would be a mistake to get up and continue my day since it will ruin my Sabbath  so back to sleep it was for a 6 am wake up and meditation to the happy chirping of the birds. What a great day to start a day. The only left over is this blog and here I am finishing it up now. 
  
I am thankful for a very productive Friday. I am thankful for all the things I was able to check off my list. I am thankful for a great nap-turned-sleep; I sure needed that.    

No comments: