Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bad Karma?

Day 951 - It's my washing machine again. It kept stopping in the midst of a wash with an warning light. So I called the technician again and today he came to find out the engine had to be replaced. In a matter of few weeks they had to replace both the computerized board and now the engine. At first I was thinking thanks god I decided to buy the extended warranty; it's more than paid for itself already but few minutes ago I had the contradicting thought. I never before bought for an extended warranty and things always worked just fine. In this particular case I allowed the installation guy to talk me into this purchase and maybe by doing so I jinxed it; maybe I set the wheels in motion by making this purchase; maybe if I didn't do it the machine would just work fine... who knows, it sounds stupid but I truly believe every step we take has an effect on our environment and it will react to it in some way, even if we can see or explain it; so why not the machine? I know for sure that every time I saw the certificate of this warranty I kept thinking how silly of me it was to purchase that. I'll never know the answer since it resides in a parallel world to which I have no access, but never the less it's an interesting and intriguing thought. One thing for sure, I won't do it again; it's bad karma.

I am thankful my washing machine works again. I am thankful I have a washer; I still remember the days I didn't have it and had to wash and wring everything by hand. I am thankful I still got to work even if awfully late; I'll have to make up the hours this Friday. I am thankful for all the work I could do on my own things while waiting for the technician to get here; I sure needed these extra hours.  

No comments: