Sunday, August 4, 2013

Room full of incense

Day 927 - I went to a store that sells incenses as well as rocks and other such things. I love these kind of stores. I used to have one not far from where I lived abroad and I visited that place quite often. It's interesting to see how each of them has it's own theme; some specialize in rocks, others in cards, the one I lived by had a strong Buddhist orientation and the one I visited today specializes in incenses. I cannot resist such wonder, I just had to buy some. And so as late as it is right now, I am sitting to my desk and the room is full of that lovely scent and I love it. I bought several kinds since they had such a nice collection, so I can see the differences and really learn which one I like, if I can feel the difference. If not, then I'll go by price next time; if I can distinguish, which I hope is the case, then of course I'll go with what I like most. So a scientific experiment in the middle of the night; I probably would benefit from meditation as well but I'm too tired. Still even just the little burning stick and the fragrances are enough to put me in the right mood.  
  
I am thankful for this little outing that made me so happy. I am thankful to those who first thought of that wonderful invention and to those who thought of introducing it to the masses. I am thankful for little pleasures, so easy to miss and wonderful to have like a quiet evening such as today.     

No comments: