Sunday, August 11, 2013

Not being in the present

Day 934 - A different way of thinking, a few moments of acting in an un-aware manners can cause a lot of problems. I hurt the man I love for no reason just because I didn't pay attention to what I was doing. And I can say I'm sorry and I can feel really bad about it but the better way is to be more aware to what we are doing, to live in the present as much as we can and not on auto pilot. I know it is something we strive for but cannot do; but the more we practice the better we become. The more we do it the more we live in harmony with the world around us. I am still reading the book "Eat, Pray, Love" and she is talking there about her experiences in India in the little ashram that became her home for four months. And it is exactly the same issue of living at the moment, quiet the "monkey mind", live at peace and happiness. Maybe I should go to a place like that for a few months and connect better with my inner and true self or maybe just start meditating on a daily basis. I hurt the man I love so much and it makes me feel so bad. He really doesn't deserve that, he is always so good and attentive and loving. I can only say I am sorry and try to be more in the present next time.

I am thankful for lessons I get at every junction of my life. I am thankful I have someone I love so much that it hurts me I've hurt him. I am thankful for his calm and wisdom that help me where I need help. I am thankful for having him in my life.

No comments: