Tuesday, August 27, 2013

TED talks

Day 950 - I was listening to some TED talks today. the one I liked the most was Tim Robbin's about what makes us successful or not. Very interesting indeed. Of course nothing is new and we heard/read it all in one version or another but he puts it in a very interesting, even intriguing way. What do we do when bad things happen? What is the narration we give ourselves? are we victims or are we motivated and more determined to succeed? in short what are we made of?
Am I built for success? I think we all are, but too many times we take the easy route and choose to stay as victims instead of overcome adversities; to give up instead of push forward, to hide behind our shortcomings instead of pushing through and getting better. I think I am getting to the stage I am ready to take some chances; to push and persist and work hard to make it happen. I think the time has come for me to get out of my comfort zone and step into the arena. A real late bloomer' but if I'll wait another decade in hesitation and self doubt I'll be even older. I'll keep listening to motivational speakers and find something I am passionate enough about to actually start the wheels turning; something that is worth the time and the work I'll have to invest to make it real; something that will make a difference in people's lives and because of that in mine as well. I need something I would love to get up in the morning for and see it as a being lucky I can do it all day long... The decision has been made, now I am looking for the right direction.

I am thankful for all these wonderful lectures, for the great ideas. I am thankful for anything that pushes me to move on and make the needed change in my life. I trust the universe to give me direction and I am so thankful for this divine intervention that is a constant force in my life.

No comments: