Monday, August 26, 2013

What makes things useful

Day 949 - I am reading the book "Tao Te Ching" written more than 2000 years ago by Lao Tsu, one of the greatest thinkers of all time. This short book of only 81 "thoughts" is a master piece and holds truth today as it was such a long time ago. I knew of it but never read it and now I finally do. I read only one or two a day because it requires a lot of thinking but it is so interesting. I put one yesterday on my Facebook timeline and I put one today. And I want to bring up entry 11 here as well. It is a very deep truth, worth thinking and trying to live by. What makes things useful; the meaning emptiness gives to the material world. Now the question is how do we find and connect to the emptiness inside us. This is what meditation suppose to bring us closer to. I think that understanding is a big step forwards and then we have to strive to get to that place, one little step at a time.

I am thankful I found this book. I am thankful for the privilege to read it. I am thankful for every tiny step in this direction. I am thankful for any moment of quiet in the center of my being.  

No comments: