Monday, August 5, 2013

Rekindling a dream

Day 928 - I am reading a book right now that I like very much "eat, pray, love". It's about a young woman who one the surface lives the American dream, has everything one can wish for except for the fact that she is very unhappy in her marriage and she finally masters the courage to leave. She embarks on an around the world journey to "find herself" and decides to spend 4 months in Italy, 4 months in India and 4 months in Indonesia. It reminds me of my plan when I left home and I never really did that. I had no money and so I had to scratch my plan back than and I never really got back to it even when my circumstances changed. I guess it is so easy to forget the plans and the big dreams and fall into a comfortable and lulling routine. I wonder how long it will take me before I'll take off and go after that dream. The funny thing is that I even checked about going to Italy and learn the language. But even if I'll go today it will be different. I lost some ground and it is 3 years later so the burning need for freedom is not so intense anymore. Still the need for the open road and unpaved path is still there. Reading the book revive it so much and I know it might take me a few years but I"ll do that. I am so happy I found that book, that I've been reminded of that dream and in the mean time I am living vicariously the life of Elizabeth Gilbert.

I am thankful for the reminder this book delivers to my inner self about dreams I didn't fulfill yet and roads I didn't take. I am thankful I do have dreams even if I cannot live them all, it still is a wonderful model to live by, something to aspire to do. I am thankful for hours of joy this book and these thought bring to my life at the moment. I am thankful most of all for my eye sight and for my ability to read.

No comments: